Are you a community-minded human-person who is up to organizing local get-togethers for others? Do you like being in charge of things? Are you looking to make more friends? Then this role is for you! We will be selecting two community directors from each Neighborhood Group to represent the Community Director role.
What are Community Groups?
Neighborhood or City Groups are private Facebook groups split up by city, region, or topic, organized by and for our community members to connect with each other online or off (whichever they prefer!).
Neighborhood Groups allow our reader to enjoy parent meet-ups, learn more about your specific neighborhood, or simply post a question to a group of moms that are in your same neck of the woods in Wine Country (see below for a complete list of our neighborhood groups). Are you looking for the best local taco truck, a new pediatrician, or somewhere affordable to get your tires changed? Our communities are here to help!
All mamas are welcome to these events and this is one strategy to make events more convenient for our readers. The goal of neighborhood groups is to have a playdate each month to provide a chance for moms and their kids to get out and meet new friends!
Community Group Areas:
I Love Wine Country (For locals and tourists to connect about events and activities happening in the greater wine country area)
Super Chill Book Club (online book club for slackers)
UpValley (Calistoga, St. Helena, Yountville)
West County (Sebastopol, Forestville, Guerneville, Rio Nido, etc)
What Does a Community Director Do?
Neighborhood Group “Community Director” Duties/Expectations
- Work closely with founder to help plan informal playdates and meet-ups. Identify places to meet, events happening in the area, etc. We know that you all know your neighborhoods and towns best!
- Host one meet-up in your community per month. This does not include all the informal meetings that may be planned within the group, as you will not be expected to attend those.
- Facilitate connections in the Facebook group by welcoming new members, facilitating any discussions, etc.
- Uphold the Facebook group standards that are pinned to the top of each group
- Represent Wine Country Moms Blog in a positive and professional manner at all times
What You GET…
- New connections, new friendships, and an amazing experience!
- Social and direct networking with a huge community of moms (and kids) in Napa, Marin, and Sonoma Counties
- Special Admission opportunities for our WCMB events
- Community recognition
- A chance to utilize your personal and professional skill sets
- Team meetings at local venues and invitations to other special events
- Access to the our Team Facebook groups and other internal communications and resources