Are you a community-minded mama who is up to organizing local get-togethers for other area moms and families? Do you like running things? Are you looking to make more friends? Then this role is for you! We will be selecting two women from each Neighborhood Group to represent the Mombassador role. These mamas need to be strong communicators with a passion for developing community connections.
What You GIVE…
- Your passion for moms, kids, and wine country at large
- Your unique, fun, and transparent perspective
- Reliability, team-spirit, flexibility, and a great attitude
- Your presence at WCMB events and outings
- Your passions, talents, and skills serving on event committees, special projects, and more
- Availability for team meetings and event support as needed
- A Nine Month Commitment: August-May
What You GET…
- New connections, new friendships, and an amazing experience!
- Social and direct networking with a huge community of moms (and kids) in Napa, Marin, and Sonoma Counties
- Special Admission opportunities for our WCMB events
- Community recognition
- A chance to utilize your personal and professional skill sets
- Team meetings at local venues and invitations to other special events
- Access to the our Team Facebook groups and other internal communications and resources
Need More Details? Here they are!
What are Neighborhood Groups?
Neighborhood or City Groups are private facebook groups split up by city or region, organized by and for moms to connect with each other online or off (whichever they prefer!).
Neighborhood Groups will allow our reader to enjoy mommy meet-ups, learn more about your specific neighborhood or simply post a question to a group of moms that are in your same neck of the woods in Wine Country (see below for a complete list of our neighborhood groups).
All mamas are welcome to these events and this is one strategy to make events more convenient for our readers. The goal of neighborhood groups is to have a playdate each month to provide a chance for moms and their kids to get out and meet new friends!
Neighborhood Group Areas:
UpValley (Calistoga, St. Helena, Yountville)*
West County (Sebastopol, Forestville, Guerneville, Rio Nido, etc)*
*Brand New Groups! Be there to build the community you want from the ground up!
We are also looking for a special someone to help run our virtual book club! The responsibilities are the same, except instead of organizing playdates, you will host end of the month, virtual book parties! Apply below.
What Does a Mombassador Do?
Neighborhood Group “Mombassador” Duties/Expectations
- Work closely with Randi, our founder, to help plan in-formal playdates and mommy meet-ups. Identify places to meet, events happening in the area, etc. We know that you all know your neighborhoods and towns best!
- Attend WCMB planned meet-ups for that neighborhood group (roughly one to two per month). This does not include all the informal meetings that may be planned within the group, as you will not be expected to attend those.
- Help facilitate connections in the Facebook group by welcoming new members, facilitating any discussions, etc.
- Help uphold the Facebook group standards that are pinned to the top of each group
- Represent Wine Country Moms Blog in a positive and professional manner at all times
What are you waiting for? Let’s be best friends!
How to Apply
- Complete the Questionaire below
- We Will be in touch!