For kids, St. Patrick’s Day means wearing green, tricky leprechauns, and finding pots of gold at the end of rainbows. Keep the fun of this holiday rolling with this super simple cereal treat for your little leprechaun to enjoy. Pull the kids in to help you with this food craft, or make this cheap snack for a school treat.
St. Patrick’s Day Cereal Rainbows
- Mini marshmallows
- Pipe cleaners
- Fruit Loop cereal
- 1. Put a dot of icing on a marshmallow, then stick a new marshmallow to the dot of icing.
- 2. Continue adding more marshmallows on with the icing (think of the icing as glue) until you've got a cloud puff.
- 1. Bend a pipe cleaner into a U-shape.
- 2. String on Fruit Loop cereal pieces in rainbow color order.
- 3. Once finished, use scissors to cut off any extra pipe cleaner.
- 1. Stick one end of the the pipe cleaner into one cloud puff.
- 2. Finish off the rainbow by sticking the other side of the pipe cleaner into the other cloud puff.
- 3. And voila! You've got a colorful rainbow cereal treat for your little leprechaun!